Thursday, October 25, 2012

Promises

How many times have you made a promises and don’t fulfill it? How many times have you promise others that you will do this or that and end up not doing it at all ? How many times have you promised God that you will make changes in your life and end up doing nothing but same old stuff? How times have you promise that you will help someone and don’t do it at all? How many times have someone walk in
to you asking for money and you said “I will see what I can do” and end up doing nothing about? It is hard my friend! We take things for granted, we make lots of promises to ourselves or others and don’t bother to commit the promises that we make. My question is: “why make promises and don’t do it? Why make an oath and end doing something different? No one forces you to make a promise! I just wanted to remind you that it is written “ Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil.”( Mat 5:37) Nehemiah also stated that in this way may God shake out of his house possessions every man who does not keep his promises (Nehemiah 5;13)

Do not let the pressure or circumstances fool you! Let your NO be a “NO” and Your Yes be “Yes” nothing in between…Do it or don’t do it, promise something or don’t promise at all, help or don’t help, change or don’t change , etc. Be an honest and straight forward person, set a good boundaries to yourself and others. Be a man or a woman of integrity and a man or a woman of his/her words!

Prayer for the day: God! Help me to make up my mind when it come to making promises to myself or others. I want to honor you in all that I do. God guard my lips so that nothing evil come out of my mouth! Help me make promises that I will be able to fulfill through your help God” Amen . Have a blessed day and don’t forget to let your “ NO” be your real “NO” and your “YES” be your honest “YES”
YES! Generous sponsors provided our 17 children with new shoes and socks!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment