December 5, 2018
As I sat here this morning thinking about 2018, I can’t tell you how much we appreciate your support for Grace of God Children’s Project (GOGCP). Together, we continue to make a great impact in the lives of the children and adults in Kenya for His glory. Our hope and prayers are to continue empowering first world citizens to partner with us in service at home and abroad. Your commitment in partnering with us through our various outreach ministries is sincerely appreciated. Each year we continue to advance our mission of helping orphans and poor children and their families to live a better life, as we also share the love and the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. Through this ministry, we have seen many lives changed for the better, and you are in the centerpiece of this blessing. All that has been achieved through this ministry is because of you standing with us. Here are the highlights of what God achieved in 2018 through your partnership:
- Hosted pastors’ training for 102 pastors from great distances in Kenya.
- Reached over 200 children daily during the four days of Vacation Bible School.
- Started an adult church that has added to the already established children’s ministry program at Grace Family.
- Completed the well project. Clean water is now available for Grace family and the community. However, the pump currently is not working. It has been an expensive and very frustrating project, but we are so thankful for the prayers and support.
- There are 110 children attending Grace Family Educational Centre with 7 qualified teachers. Three class rooms are being built to be used in 2019!
- The Community Hall is complete. Our Kaptagat community is very thankful for the hall. They are holding community meetings, prayers, youth gatherings, leadership training, local government and, administration events, etc. There was a community bridge built this year which has helped so many families with safe passage from one village to another.
- A new God-appointed Kenyan team of advisory board members is currently helping in overseeing various programs and projects in Kenya while we (the Cheromei’s) are in America.
- 8 of our Grace family children are in High School and the oldest is in College. Dennis passed his National Examination and qualified to attend National Level School beginning January 2019!
Your generous donations goes a long way in helping us impact the children and the families in the areas we serve. It means the world to us! Here are a few events and needs for 2019:
v Ian, Vincent and Dennis will participate in a manhood training/celebration.
v August 2019: we will have the second part to our pastors’ training and are expecting 200 pastors.
v A medical team will visit the second week of August to help the Kaptagat/Cheptigit community and beyond. Another medical team is planning to come in the latter part of 2019.
v 2019 Projects include: Building a greenhouse to help grow the foods necessary to help sustain Grace Family and our farm animals. Building a small shop to help further our goal of becoming self-sustainable.
v We are in need of financial support towards school fees for high school. The cost is an average of $500 per year per child. Dennis will be about $1000 per year since he will be going to a national level school.
v We are also in need of a new pump after the driller completes cleaning the well.
v We are praying for support to finish the construction of the 3 classes and the chairs/desks to be built ($2000).
May the Lord receive all the glory and honor for what He has done in 2018! Thanks again for your generous support to GOGCP. On behalf of GOGCP, we pray for many overflowing blessings to you and your family in a mighty way. May the Lord receive all the glory and honor! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. If you need anything or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.