Thursday, December 13, 2012

Denying myself

"Then Jesus said to his disciples, 'If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it.'" Matthew 16:24,25

This is what I struggle with. Denying myself for Jesus. Willingly taking up my cross to follow Him without complaining or saying I don't feel like it today. I make up excuses. I find reasons to put off taking my quiet time with Him during the day. The time and effort to fully focus on praying and reading His Word has been put to the wayside too often lately. I try to avoid time with God some days for fear of what He will ask me to do. I am a sinner that has been saved but still struggling with giving up the things of this world! How do you manage it? What has helped you to get through those times that being comfortable and not challenged sounds so much better than sacrificing, obeying and following?! 

Lord, please help me to stop giving into the pleasures and comforts of this world. I need help to focus on Your purpose and plan for my life. Convict me when I have strayed from you or gotten too comfortable. May the Holy Spirit be my Counselor and keep me on track and into Your Word so that I can stand up against all the things that take me away from fellowship with you. Help me. Your daughter, Laurel

No comments:

Post a Comment