Dear Family and Friends,
Come close, let me tell you something sweet. Our God is good. Our Father in heaven has provided for Grace Family in Kenya and the Cheromei family as we have transitioned to living in America. David is enjoying his head coaching job of Cross Country and Track and Field at Emory and Henry College in Emory, VA. God has been providing so many sweet people to fill our home with furniture and kitchen supplies. We are thankful for how He has orchestrated this move. Our mailing address is: PO BOX 223 Emory, VA 24327.
A breath of fresh air, a renewing, from God has been sweeping through Grace family. God has been restoring and encouraging the children and caregivers.
Praise God from Whom all Blessings FLOW:
· Pastors and Leaders Training: We hosted our first organized spiritual training, involving a 4 day and 3 night accommodations for participants from greater distances in Kenya. A team of 7 (6 from Highlands Fellowship and 1 from Tanzania) joined us in Kaptagat, Kenya, in offering the introduction to the Purpose Driven Church model. 102 dedicated ministers in Christ completed the 4 day training. Participants expressed their gratitude and genuine desire in learning new ways to apply God’s truths and direct, systematic ways of sharing the “good news” in their existing or potentially newly formed churches. EVERYONE is looking forward to the next level of training. Also 365 children from surrounding communities enjoyed the 4 day adventures of the “Bible Team” with the Grace of God Children’s Centre acting out scripturally based examples of the fruits of the Spirit and of how believers are equipped with the armor of God. Participants of the leadership conference helped with the children’s ministry programs and folks from the immediate surrounding communities volunteered their skills and talents in getting every job done in order for this conference to be completed. During Sunday’s worship, the final day of celebration of completion with awards and certificates distributed, approximately 20 adults and children gave their life to Christ. A laying of hands on these new believers in Christ was such an inspiring and highly emotional witness of The Holy Spirit being IN ACTION right to the end!
Grace Family Fellowship (The new adult church). We officially announce to you all about our new adult church that has been added to the already established children’s ministry program at Grace Family. All those who got saved during the leadership conference are currently attending this new church. We currently have about 40-50 members with two volunteering pastors (Senior pastor and children’s pastor-youth pastor). God is moving in mighty ways, keeping this community connected with Him and sharpening their skills for the next years training! Giving God all the glory for every detail of Kenya Missions! We are praying for permanent pastors! May the Lord grow this church and use it to reach out to the lost souls in our community and beyond.
· The Well:The Well is complete, all pipes are connected to the houses and various buildings we have on the property, but the devil is still trying discourage us. The control panel for the pump from the well is very sensitive and has needed a lot of specialized electricians to come figure out why it is not consistently working well. The pump currently stopped working. It needs to be pulled out from 610 ft…it is very frustrating. We have spent a lot of time and money on it. We know God is going to provide if we need to purchase a new pump and control panel. May the Lord help us on this.
· Grace Family Educational Centre:Building has been going on for about a month for 3 more classrooms for the school! Can you believe it?! We need your prayers and financial help to keep the project going! We have the outside walls up and now trying to raise money for the roof and finishing on the inside of these three classes. The walls of the 3 classrooms will have accordion doors. The classrooms will also be used as a multipurpose hall for the church and as a leadership training hall. We are excited for the expansion of the school. We currently have 110 children attending Grace Family Educational Centre and we know that we will be able to have more children join us next year when classrooms are completed. We also have 7 qualified and committed teachers! We are praying for teacher’s sponsorship so that we can enroll needier children. We pay $80-$110 per teacher. Children get two meals at our school (breakfast and lunch). God continues to use our school to provide the children with quality education, spiritual nourishment and physical growth in a wonderful environment. Our four youngest children (Kipchumba, Mercy, Moses and Ian) continue to enjoy going to school at our property.
· Community Hall.We completed the construction of the community hall in our community in Cheptigit Centre. It looks great. We want to thank the team from Community Advent Church from Roanoke Virginia for the dedication and for their wonderful construction work. The community is very thankful. You guys brought light to the community. This was a true way to show love to our community in Kenya. The hall is already in use. They are holding community meetings, prayers, youth gathering, leadership training, local government, administration events, etc.
· Kenyan Board Members.We have a new Kenyan team of advisory board members which God appointed for us. They are currently helping in overseeing various programs and projects in Kenya while we are in America. Please pray from them! May the Lord give them wisdom and help us to work together to grow Grace Family for His Glory!
· College and High School students:It is very hard to believe that our oldest child, Hillary is currently sophomore in College. Wow! Where did the years go? It goes by fast. All the children are growing fast. We also have 7 children in High School (Christine, Sharon, Winnie A., Winnie K., Ian, Vincent, and Naomi). We are praying for more financial support or child sponsorship. Their High School school fees is an average of $500 per year. We are praying for Dennis, he is sitting for his national examination to qualify him for High School at the beginning of November. We believe that he will join a National level School.
· New Security House:At our main gate we added a better watchman house for our security guard which also has a separate room to have a small shop to sell goods.
Upcoming Events and Future Projects:
· December 2018 Ian, Vincent and Dennis will participate in a training/celebration turning into manhood.
· August 2019- 2ndpart of the leadership conference based on the Purpose Driven Church model.
· A medical team will visit the second week of August to help the Kaptagat/Cheptigit community.
· Medical team from Roanoke area is planning to come in the later part of 2019.
· Future Projects: Build a greenhouse to help grow the foods necessary to help sustain Grace Family and our farm animals. Build a small shop to help further our goal of becoming self-sustainable.
Thank you for all your prayers and your continued support. We are so blessed having you in our lives. May God bless, together we can make a difference.
God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. Hebrews 6:10
|David Speaking at Leadership Training|
|My Cross Country Team at Emory and Emory College|
|Thank you Lord for your many blessing|