Good evening to our dear family and friends,
We are sorry that we haven’t sent out an e-mail since we arrived in Kenya, about 3 months ago. We have been busy since our arrival. God has done a lot and answered prayers. Here are some updates but you can read more and find pictures on our blog:
· We had a successful Purpose Driven pastors and church leaders training led by Deogracius Ngwira, Godwin Ndichaye, and David Cheromei. God sent 4 wonderful women- Donna Johnson, Tammy Ammen, Carol Bayne and Lauren Hubbard from Virginia and South Carolina to help with the conference and Vacation Bible School-Bibleman edition. Also, a team of 14 from World Race-Adventure in Missions were here to help. A lot of energy and people were needed to keep everything running smoothly for God’s conference. 135 pastors and church leaders attended the conference at our property. We had over 300 people from the community attend our evening fellowship/revival and about 20 souls were saved by Jesus every evening! Thank you for all your prayers and support. We are honored to serve here in Kenya and your partnership is very important and essential to our work as missionaries to Kenya. Check out more photos on our blog: https://beesinkenya.blogspot.com/2019/09/purpose-driven-church-pastors-and.html
· Here is the YouTube video of the conference and mission trips: https://youtu.be/oiUoi0SGnvk ( 1 hr), https://youtu.be/z1-veoZdcWg (30min), https://youtu.be/8OIu_lQ7OCI ( 10min)
· God showed us the urgency of our move after a week of being in Kenya. We got a call from Christine’s high school that she was pregnant and due any day. No one had told us when we were living in America that Christine was pregnant. The staff hid it from us and never mentioned a word when we would talk with them on the phone.… Read more on our blog: https://beesinkenya.blogspot.com/2019/09/urgency.html
· We are still in need of financial support and prayers as we continue to serve the people in Kenya for the glory of God. Please join us! You can send a check to: GOGCP- David and Laurel Cheromei, 191 Rocky Hollow Rd. Atkins, VA 24311 or use this link to support us as God leads http://www.graceofgodchildren.org/give/ go to general and in the memo: "Bees in Kenya". “Therefore, since through God’s mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart” 2 Corinthians 4:1. https://beesinkenya.blogspot.com/2019/09/we-arrived-in-kenya-safely-and-we-have.html
· Victor Kirwa and Timothy are going to start high school in January and we are in need of your financial help! It is about $650 yearly per teenager for boarding high school and about $200 per teenager to get started in high school- uniform, bedding, utensils, books, etc. Sharon and Christine are finishing up their senior year of high school mid-November and are praying about going to a university, like Hillary. Ian Kipyego- Junior in high school and Allan Kipchumba- Grade 4 are in need of monthly sponsors. Yes, so many financial needs and we are trying our best to generate income here by opening up a small grocery/school supply shop- “Shop @ Grace” and growing vegetables in the garden to sell but we are still in need of your financial help and prayers to make ends meet. We thank you for how you rise up to help and give as God leads you.
· We continue to have various mission trips to unreached communities. Check out the blog for photos for some of our trips: https://beesinkenya.blogspot.com/2019/09/chains-were-broken-in-jesus-name-we.html
· God laid it on my heart (David) to start a Celebrate Recovery group in the Eldoret, please keep us in your prayers as the group leaders meet to first work through our hurts, habits, and hang-ups. God has also given me regular preaching opportunities in various churches, hosting crusades, overnight prayer gatherings, and many opportunities to share the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Let’s partner together for this work God has given us. Missionaries, David and Laurel Cheromei