Saturday, July 18, 2015

How do you face a Challenge?

Grace family has been through some challenging times since we left August 2014. I have often asked the Lord why we came back to America. We know that God provided David with the coaching job at Liberty in His great timing for our little bear, Lucy, to be born in America.

Yet I have wondered why Grace family has had to go through so much since we moved. I have wondered why some of the people we thought we could trust to care for our big family let us down. I still don't know all the answers to the these questions, but I do know that the Lord is good.
I do know that the Lord still provided and carried us through these times. I know that the Lord has good plans even when we think all is going wrong. We have to praise Him through these storms. We have to keep the faith and pray for protection. We know that the devil never wins at his games when we trust in the Lord and stand firm with Jesus. These verses were encouraging to David and me as we  think over this past year:

1 Do not fret because of evil men or be envious of those who do wrong; 
2 for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away. 
3 Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. 
4 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. 
5 Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: 
6 He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. 
7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. 
8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret--it leads only to evil. 

9 For evil men will be cut off, but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land. >>>> Psalm 37:1-9

I want to take hold of these verses and rest in God's Word. I want to pray for David and the Missions team that is currently there. May the Lord build up Grace family and the team as they work together for God's glory. May we be mindful to pray and seek the Lord through the storms of life. May we stand firm and not be anxious about God's plans for our lives. Let us go boldly forth with Jesus leading the way! 

These are some of the latest pictures of Grace family.


Back Row: Coach Rebekah, Mercy Jerop, Dennis, Timothy, Vincent, Ian, Duncan(Cook's son), Christine, Winnie A.
Front Row: Victor (Cook's son), Gideon, Derick, Victor Kirwa, Allan Kipchumba, Sharon, Moses, Naomi (Cook's Daughter), Winnie K. and Brenda
Dennis, Victor (Cook's son) and Timothy 
Moses...  O how I miss you, little man 


When I look at each of these pictures I want to go to Kenya and give each one of the kids a great big hug and spend some time with them. I want to catch up with them and hear what they are interested in now. I want to read with them, play with them, and tickle them.


No comments:

Post a Comment