Monday, July 30, 2018

SURPRISES




God is full of SURPRISES! As most of you know, we were in America this summer enjoying time with family and friends. We also had the great opportunity to visit churches who have been supporting us. We loved connecting with the body of Christ. We appreciate so much your prayers and financial support of Grace family over these blessed years.
We were less than a week away from our departure from America, heading back to Kenya and Grace family, when David had some news to share with me (Laurel). It was one of God’s big surprises that makes you go wide-eyed and speechless. David said something to the effect of “We are not moving back to Kenya right now because God has been opening up this door, and I feel we need to focus on our family right now.” 
(I feel I need to preface this by saying that in my quiet times leading up to this big surprise, God wanted me to focus on surrendering my plans to His plans for our family and to have a deeper trust in Him by reading His Word and praying.)
As David shared with me this shocking and surprising news that we will be living in America, I felt God had been preparing my heart for such a time as this. Peace surpassed all understanding. I was able to sit with my man and listen to him with a calm mind as he shared his heart of how God had been working in the last few weeks to orchestrate this big surprise.
The big surprise is not only that we will be living in America but that David is going to be the Head Coach of Track and Field and Cross Country at Emory and Henry College in Emory, VA (Exit 26 on Interstate 81)! He will start the beginning of September. The Athletic Director at Emory and Henry College supports our vision for Grace Family so they allowed David to go to Kenya for the month of August to finish up the well project, to complete the finishing touches to the second story of the big house, and to finalize all of the other projects God has given us. Grace family has been well taken care of while we have been in America over the summer, and they will continue to be cared for while we live in America. We are not closing down Grace of God Children’s Centre nor our Primary School on the property. Our school, Grace Family Educational Centre, will continue to be led by our Head Teacher. Our school continues to grow as more children attend from the community. 
As the reality has set in that we will be in America, I find myself becoming anxious to know what is next and how this or that will work out. I have to remind myself: “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” Philippians 4:6  If our Father in Heaven wanted to orchestrate this grand surprise for our family, He certainly knows the good plans ahead, and I have to just trust and go with God’s flow. It is a wild ride for sure, and we appreciate your prayers and support as we continue on God’s journey for our family.
“I know your works. Behold, I have set before you an open door, which no one is able to shut. I know that you have but little power and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.” Revelation 3:8
God Bless, Laurel

No comments:

Post a Comment