Friday, August 19, 2016

Our Journey

Greetings our dear family and friends. We have lived in Kenya again a week now!

Momo (Laurel's mom), Lucy and Levi playing around at Dulles
Our journey started many months ago when we were feeling the Lord taking us back to Kenya. We have been preparing for a while and praying the Lord would strengthen and help us for what lies ahead at Grace family.
Lily was so ready to get going on the plane but we had 9- 50lb bags to check in! shoo wee!

David was so sweet to carry Lucy around in the baby carrier since I am not supposed to lift anything bigger than 5lbs after ruptured appendix surgery! What a strong sweet husband God blessed me with!
We finally got on our long flight from Dulles Airport to Addis Ababa Ethiopia around 10 hour flight!
This little munchkin cuddled up on my lap for a good sleep.

Lily was enamored with the kids movies on the flight. She and I did not sleep a wink on the long flight!

The Lord blessed us in a big way by putting us on a flight that was not packed! We were able to spread out between 6 seats all across from each other! We loved the freedom to move and not worry about knocking elbows with anyone or our children getting other peoples things! Woo! God knew what this mama needed to just enjoy the flight!

Levi enjoyed the movies also but loved walking up and down the hallway of the seats

Lucy did not want to eat any of the plane food but she did love playing with all of the plasticware! 

After our first long flight we had about a 2 hour flight from Ethiopia to Nairobi, Kenya.
Lucy zonked out in the bassinet on the flight to Nairobi. 

Lily finally took a break from all of the movies and slept on the whole flight to Nairobi!

Just about to land in Nairobi, Kenya!

Lucy watched Baba intently in Nairobi as he found all of our bags!  

While Lily fell back to sleep on the floor and Levi rolled all around her.

I didn't capture it but seeing a Kenyan man in Kenya carrying a baby in a carrier is a rare sight. Men in Kenya do not use baby carriers but will just carry their children. When the schools of children who were touring the airport would walk by I could hear their laughter and whispering to one another. My husband is brave and such a leader who did not let it bother him. I am thankful he was able to care for Lucy so well. My arms ached to carry around our children once we got off the plane since they were so tired. I hated I could not help in that way. This surgery is very humbling.

 I love how at the Nairobi airport they have sculptures of wildebeest and elephants!

After we arrived in Nairobi we had to take a bus with all of our bags to the other side of the airport to get on our final flight to fly to Eldoret, Kenya which is about 50 minutes from our home. I was so thankful for how the Lord worked it out to take this flight because if we had not had this flight we would have taken a van for about 6 hours to get home! I can't imagine! I praise the Lord for the option to fly into an airport closer to home!

No comments:

Post a Comment