Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Planting. Playing. Enjoying this life!

Currently planting corn and such here! Rainy season is upon us!



Thank you Allan Keeble and Missy Sawyers for helping Derek with some clothes!


play time before bed!


Can you tell David has a bit of a challenge when he wants breakfast?! These two love their Baba!


Moses and Christine!

Winnie A. helping in the kitchen

You can't help but smile or laugh when this girl is like this!

Let us all line up for lunch!



Gideon and Dennis

Victor, Kipchumba, Benard and Derek




Nickson and Vincent


Christine

We have to read and eat lunch!


I am so thankful I got to catch this jam session! The younger boys were beating on the drums while the rest were singing and dancing!


Fun in Baba's rain boots!



Levi and Benard

Dennis and Nickson

Silly boys!


Snack time in the truck with the baby dolls!


 So anywhere you go here all the children whisper or yell out Muzungu! I have gotten into the habit when I hear that I say "O look a Kenyan"! They laugh and we have fun! I love how when I run after them they run screaming... if I am with them long enough I keep running and playing with them and they begin to get curious... they start touching hand and quickly take it back to see if it affected their skin color or something. I love to play with them and be silly! It fills up my soul to play and enjoy good company!













Lily has become quite the pretend doctor and Mercy and Levi gladly play along! She is quite gentle and like to find found objects to use as bandages or ways to clean an imaginary cut. 
Thank you for your support and help to build our school here! We now have enough money to build one classroom! God is great and is praised!

2 comments:

  1. Great pics as always, i love Levi's eyes in the pic he is on the boy's shoulder's and David having breakfast w/ the kids, Lilly in his boots, the jam session...planting, and Oh Look, Kenyan's. Thank you for sharing. Love MissyT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurel, you are a riot with "Oh look a Kenyan" . . . Great pictures; interesting to see Mercy in Lily's clothes -- Love, Momo and Daddio (Papa)

    ReplyDelete